Re: [Xen-users] Problems to connect to the Internet

Le dimanche 13 août 2006 à 21:08 +0200, Henning Sprang a écrit :

I'll try to explain once more.....It was a computer with two disks. On
the first(IDE) disk there are WinXP (32) an a Fedora Core 5(64)
installed.

I've installed Xen on that computer. As you know, Xen ignores Windows
and creates a third entry in the Grub's menu called (I didn't change)
"title Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6". I've now 3 menu entries Fedora Core
(2.6.15...FC5), Windows-XP and Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6. I didn't do much
more.

I've finished to change all things : path's and software installs to
make Xen(64) working. It was a lot of job because my 2 last
installations of Xen didn't work at all. I've learn (because I didn't
read) that should never install that Xen, the one that comes in the
Fedora release.

If I boot the computer & select the first menu I boot a "normal" FC5
release. It works fine!

Windows continues to work...

If I select the "Xen 3.0 / XenLinux 2.6" grub menu's line, Xen brings up
Xen and the Linux FC5 too. Because it's the only OS I've installed up to
now I've Linux under Xen only!

I'll try to put Windows Vista if I can get the beta release because my
computer have un Athlon 64 as processor.

Well, when using Fedora under Xen, I must shut down the firewall because
it didn't allowing me to get the network running. In fact, the only
application running was Skype. My firewall configured with all ports
enabled doesn't work at all. To make the network working I need to shut
down the firewall.

It seems that Xen takes into account two states : Firewall-yes and
firewall-no does not matter how do you configures the firewall.

Hope is more clear now!

Thanks for your help!

Horacio