RE: [Xen-users] clean Windows shutdown from xm

To: "Fabian Holler" <fho@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] clean Windows shutdown from xm
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:40:55 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:42:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xm shutdown only works correctly for guests that are para-virtual (at
least at the moment), you'll need to log into windows and shut it down
[may be done remotely with the right software].

I think it would be possible to send ACPI messages (or some such) to
inform a HVM guest to shut down, but it's not how it works at the
moment.

--
Mats