Re: [Xen-users] File server in domU dies on heavy traffic

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] File server in domU dies on heavy traffic
From: "In-Tuition Xen" <listxenusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 17:55:05 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:56:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Chadd scribbled on 04 August 2006 15:36:
> On Fri, Aug 04, 2006, In-Tuition Xen wrote:
>> I've got exactly the same problem happening on some recent xen0's
>> (xen-3.0.2-3.FC5).  They're running on exactly the same hardware as
>> some rock solid xen0's (6 blades) running an older version
>> (xen-3.0.1-4). I've rolled back the problem xen0's to this version
>> in the hope that will fix it.
>
> I've had the same problem but I haven't caught a stack trace.
> I'm trying to reproduce it on my local xen server to grab an actual
> panic message and I've rolled back the domU kernels to circa-3.0.1
> which has alleviated the problem.
>
> Does anyone know if this has been fixed in a the later 3.0.x builds?
> (I hope the Fedora project release some updated FC5 Xen 3 builds, but
> thats a different story.)

Thanks for the information Adrian.  Just to be clear, are you still
running xen-3.0.2-3.FC5 with the latest kernel-xen0-2.6.17-1.2157_FC5 on
the dom0's, but have rolled back just the domU kernels?  Since my
xen-3.0.1-4 dom0's and U's have been running for months now I think I'll
just stick with this version for the time being.

Adding the following line to your domU config makes it easy to get the
panic messages:

on_crash    = 'preserve'

Regards,

Matt.