[Xen-users] eisXen Beta 1 released

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] eisXen Beta 1 released
From: Andrej Radonic <andrej.radonic@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 15:51:42 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 06:52:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
eisXen is a slim linux distribution capable of automatically setting up a Xen Domain 0, version 3.02.

eisXen is derived from the eisfair (www.eisfair.org) linux distribution and offers a very simple and intuitive menu-based configuration.

It allows quick setup of domUs and is shipped with a ready-to-go eisfair domU template. domUs can be set up with just a couple of commands.

Download and information (sorry, no english yet, only german, but we will soon be working on it):

http://www.xen-buch.de

We hope eisXen will be useful for all who want to get Xen up and running very very quickly and without having to delve too deeply into all the technical details.

It is also a very lean and clean Domain 0 (total package size is only about 90 megs).

There is still work to do - the package is in beta:

- no setup for S-ATA disks
- no SMP and PAE support
- no HVM support
- menu-based management (xm replacement) misses rather many features so far

Have fun!

Andrej Radonic