Re: [Xen-users] pound (load balancer)

To: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pound (load balancer)
From: Steve Kemp <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 21:44:10 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 13:44:46 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 01:27:30AM +0800, Tim Post wrote:

> I'm curious if anyone has tried pound, found here :
> http://www.apsis.ch/pound/

  Yes.

> If so, can you relay your experiences?

  Not really a Xen question though ..?

  Anyway I've used pound with one frontend domU passing to domUs on
 other hosts.  Not great redundancy since if the front-end domU running
 pound dies then the other hosts state is pretty irrelevent - they just
 stop receiving/processing requests.

  I'm sure with heartbeats, etc, and DNS magic, you could make a decent
 fault-tolerant environment.  But to be honest you could probably do
 that without mixing pound into the equation.

Steve
--
http://xen-hosting.org/