Re: [Xen-users] Adding Devices to a running DomU

To: "Andrej Radonic" <andrej.radonic@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Adding Devices to a running DomU
From: pv <vishnubhatt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:13:07 -0700
Cc: Serge Dubrouski <sergeyfd@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:13:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
actually, i was able to pass a lvm to a native Windows OS (using VXM), recognize a raw drive, and then format it as NTFS drive after of course assigning a drive letter. Launching the disk manager gui in Windows walked me thru the config quite easily.
i was able to pass in a dummy ethernet interface using ioemu which was picked up by Windows and when enabled w/ Dhcp it was assigned yet another ip address which was pingable by the lan on dom0-lan.
since it was all possible in windows, i presume this is all easily doable in linux-distros...
--

On 7/12/06, Andrej Radonic <andrej.radonic@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Serge Dubrouski schrieb:
> Looks like it doesn't work for HVM domains though. xm block-add runs
> withouth error and xm oblock-list shows new device attache, but WinXP
> DomU doesn't see it.
Correct - this functionality is not (yet) avaible for HVM domains.
Developers: any comments on availability or planning?

Andrej