[Xen-users] Xen to Desktop/Workstation questions

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen to Desktop/Workstation questions
From: "Alexandre Miguel Pedro Gomes" <alexmipego@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 03:09:32 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 19:10:05 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm buying a new computer with a Pentium D 9xx processor and I was thinking of using Xen to run Linux and Windows XP Pro. The first thing I noticed in the Xen Manual is that Pentium D isn't listed as a supported processor, only x86 is support and not 64Bits. Can I still run Xen?

Related to graphics support I whish to know how do we "switch" guest OS if only one monitor is availble? If I've a graphics card with 2 outputs (dual head), or a SLI configuration, is it possible to use dual head in the guests? And to have one OS in one monitor and the other in the second monitor? If I've two guests, Fedora and Windows XP Pro, can I run 3D accelerated games in Windows?

Can I "tri"-boot one of the OSes, that is, run a guest under Xen then reboot and run that same OS without Xen?

Thanks for your time and patience reading this :D

--
Alexandre Gomes, Portugal