Re: [Xen-users] Installing SUSE VM on FC-Xen

> I'd be not so sure. SuSE is not so easy to build from a non-SuSE
> system, and it's not so easy  to find information on how to do that.
> Maybe some SuSE mailing list can tell you more about this.

suse 10.1: grab kernel-xen and install-initrd rpms from install media.
install-initrd contains a script named mkinstallinitrd and some data and
is able to create a initrd usable for installation.  You don't have to
install the packages, you can also unpack them using rpm2cpio somewhere
in /tmp, but you have to pass --libdir to the script then that it finds
it's data.

Then take the kernel and the initrd and just boot them.  You might want
to add "vnc=1" for a graphical install.  Maybe also
"install={http|ftp|nfs}://host/path/" for a network install.

Maybe you find domi (http://www.suse.de/~kraxel/xen/) useful, it can do
that for you ;)

cheers,

  Gerd