[Xen-users] Xen vith VT question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen vith VT question
From: Vlad <vladatnyc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 01:28:22 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:29:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm hoping that some much smarter and more knowledgeable then me can help me out here. I have been reading up on Xen for a week or so now but so far i have been unable to figure out just how the combination of Xen and VT works. Do the guest OSs have direct access to hardware (with some restrictions placed on it my the VT architecture) or does the VT architecture allow Xen to intercept the hardware requests issues by the Guest OSs and thus in effect emulate the hardware (in the way the VMWare does it), or is it niether of these two? Besides the core components (CPU, Memory, Hard Disk) how does all of this work with other devices, like NICs and Video Cards.

Thank you in advance to whom ever takes the time to fill me in