Re: [Xen-users] domU minimum and maximum memory

On Thursday 22 June 2006 15:26, Tim Wood wrote:
> There is no built in mechanism for this, mostly to make sure you aren't
> overcommitting the total memory you have in the system.  If you want this
> kind of functionality you would have to build a script which monitors
> memory usage on each VM and uses the mem-set command to adjust as
> necessary.  But that would be fairly tricky.

Thanks for that, it's something to think about.
However, what does the maxmem option do? :) I forced a VM to use up all it's
alloted memory, with several hundred more megs maxmem, and just like you'd
expect, the kernel started killing processes.... Xen didn't do anything.

--
Mike Williams
System Administration Manager - Comodo