[Xen-users] acpi: fan running and cpufreq always at minimum on centrino

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] acpi: fan running and cpufreq always at minimum on centrino
From: Jens Nachtigall <nachtigall@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:54:01 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:54:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I noticed that the fan of my centrino is very often running since I use Xen
(the load is very low still). Also the cpufreq is always at 600MHz (the max
is 1500MHz), regardless of what of what heavy computations I do (e.g.
calculating md5sums). I heard that it is not possible to run a cpufreq
scheduler like powernowd or cpufreqd, but would it be possible to set the cpu
frequency at least to the maximum value in Dom0 and DomU and leave it there?

jens