RE: [Xen-users] soundcard in Dom0 and DomU

To: "Jens Nachtigall" <nachtigall@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] soundcard in Dom0 and DomU
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:49:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:50:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is NOT possible to share the same hardware between Dom0 and DomU -
one or the other has to OWN it.

I'm not sure if there is a Sound-card interface that can be used to
forward DomU sound to Dom0 and play it that way.

I think there is some network sound protocols that may be able to
simulate this anyways, so it may not be necessary to implement a
specific sound-driver for DomU. I'm not sure how that would work out in
reality (as sound is a little bit latency sensitive), but a google for
something like "Sound over network Linux" should yield you with a few
solutions, I would think - I haven't tried it...

--
Mats