[Xen-users] Xen woes, happy ending?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen woes, happy ending?
From: Paolo Supino <paolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:26:53 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:28:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

After much frustration, today I restored some hope in being able to (ab)use Xen for my needs ;-) I even thought that the cause might be that because I copy (and rename) the same image than Xen doesn't play along because of some signature based on hashing the image... (voodoo anyone ;-)) Today I had a new round at things: I downgraded my Xen installation to 3.0.1. This fixed one issue: it created the interface peth0 (the xen0 kernel also didn't cause me any trouble booting on 1st attempt :-)) Armed with the good result of booting dom0 I moved to boot my domU images. The first one booted right away without a problem. The second one complained about vbd device not found (which made me erase /dev/loop10 to /dev/loop15 for nothing) but instead of killing the domain it paused it and after unpausing it it kept booting only to look for a root nfs server because it didn't find a local device. I went on to boot my third domU and that one booted without a hitch too. This smelled bad... I decided to change the name of the directory where the filesystem image is from subversion to svn and viola Xen stopped complaining. Which makes me ask: Is there a length limit to the name of directories for Xen???