Re: [Xen-users] Best Distro for Xen, Software Raid and LVM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Best Distro for Xen, Software Raid and LVM
From: "Tony Hernandez" <ttony.hernandez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:18:30 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:19:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Has anyone had success doing this with either debian or ubuntu?

Regards,
Tony

On 6/14/06, padmakar vishnubhatt < vishnubhatt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
fedora core 4 from http://jailtime.org worked out the best for me. I tried others w/ quite flaky results (i.e. if I starte more than two domains w/ a script at the same time - it would crash the domO kernel or get into some memleak issues in xennet, dhchp would not work, creation and maintainence of lvms was getting to be painful, etc).

by using file-based vbd from the above link - i created a 1.0 (extendable to any size you prefer) file/image and have had no problem ever since (touch wood!). however i still have a lingering problem to do w/ packet/ip forwarding - i cannot seem to get on the internet for some reason - which i believe is to do w/ the host/dom0 in itself rather than domU. I've turned off iptables but to no avail (so far).