[Xen-users] Failed to boot suse 10.1(domain 0) with IBM xSeries 330

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Failed to boot suse 10.1(domain 0) with IBM xSeries 330
From: "yu dan" <daniellyyuen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 07:25:30 +0000
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:26:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi , I have setup xen on a number of different machines already; however, I couldn't get xSeries 330 working with Xen.

When it boots up, it says "Waiting for device /dev/sda1 .... device not found" and then return a shell prompt. I have looked up this error on the mailing list. I found that the error is potentially caused SCSI driver and it can be resolved this problem by customizing kernel, so I downloaded the source, setup required tools (like gcc 3.3.6) ... and recompile the source. The compilation went well (at least, it did not issue any compile error at the end of compilation), but the problem still remain unsolve. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? The following steps are what I have performed during compilation (roughly):

 download and unzip the file
 go to the uncompressed xensource directory ( xen-3.0.2-2/ )
 make world
make install make linux-2.6-xen-menu CONFIGMODE=menuconfig
 Include SCSI support directly rather than module
 make linux-2.6-xen-build
 make linux-2.6-xen-install
 epmod 2.6.16-xen
mkinitrd
cat /boot/grub/menu.lst
# Modified by YaST2. Last modification on Wed Jun  7 11:28:14 PDT 2006

color white/blue black/light-gray
default 0
timeout 8
gfxmenu (hd0,0)/boot/message

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: linux###

title SUSE Linux 10.1
   root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda1 vga=0x317 acpi=off splash=silent showopts
   initrd /boot/initrd

###Don't change this comment - YaST2 identifier: Original name: xen###

title XEN
   root (hd0,0)
   kernel /boot/xen.gz
module /boot/vmlinuz-xen root=/dev/sda1 vga=0x317 acpi=off splash=silent showopts
   module /boot/initrd-xen

vmlinuz-xen and initrd-xen are symbolic link to the really kernel and inital ram disk

Thanks,
  Daniel