Re: [Xen-users] arping between two xen0 works, ping doesn't (not checksu

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] arping between two xen0 works, ping doesn't (not checksum issue)
From: Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:35:16 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 05:36:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
I have two Xen 3.0.2 domains, both are using network-bridge, both servers are in the same network.

dom0_A, domU_A - first Xen server (dom0 and domU)
dom0_B, domU_B - first Xen server (dom0 and domU)

I cannot ping or connect from one dom0_A to dom0_B nor domU_B. arping works fine though.

I can ping and connect from domU_A to dom0_B and domU_B, though.

I have changed xen-3.0.2-2/linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/xen/netback/interface.c to fix the checksum problem.

The other thing I changed in /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge on one Xen server was to change the MAC address of the bridge to fa:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff, - without this, two Xen servers had the same MAC address of the bridge (fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff), which made communication between two Xen domains impossible.

A quick answer to myself: I changed the MAC of the bridge of the other server, too, to fc:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff (in /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge), and now I can connect both ways, so the problem is solved.

There should be some info on this in the documentation IMHO.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski

Software deployment with Samba
http://wpkg.org