[Xen-users] Re: Error: Not an HVM capable platform, we stop creating!

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Error: Not an HVM capable platform, we stop creating!
From: bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:04:31 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: jbetancourt@xxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 23:06:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Big mistake on the list!

Following CPUs are supported:
o Socket AM2:(important!)
 - Athlon64 3000+
 - Athlon64 3200+
 - Athlon64 3500+
 - Athlon64 3800+
 - Athlon 64 X2 3800+
 - Athlon 64 X2 4000+
 - Athlon 64 X2 4200+
 - Athlon 64 X2 4400+
 - Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (approved - have it working)
 - Athlon 64 X2 4800+
 - Athlon 64 X2 5000+
 - Athlon 64 FX-62

Core keys are: Socket AM2/Stepping F(Windsor Core) and NO Semperon!

As for enabling/disabling: My ASUS board lacked that feature. SVM is a
feature of the CPU such as MMX. No need to enable _that_ in the bios ;) :)
Its not like the Intel CPUs that have an external memory controller and
thus need to have VT enabled on the mainboard as well because its not PURE
CPU based.

Regards, Bigfoot29