[Xen-users] Install Xen from source on a Opteron using 32bits OS

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Install Xen from source on a Opteron using 32bits OS
From: "François Levasseur" <francois.levasseur@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 09:51:46 -0400
Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 06:52:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I have a Opteron and I installed Xen from source. I have to use Debian Sarge 32bits for compatiblity reason.

Xen will not boot. The system hangs on "Io scheduler [...]" I think Xen don't even boot the dom0 kernel.

Is it possible that Xen compile on a amd64 arch because I'm on an opteron? Is there a way to force Xen to compile for x86?

Do you have any idea on what can be the cause of this problem?

Note: I used the same .config to compile a kernel (without xen patch) from source and the kernel works fine.

Frank,