[Xen-users] A few things to add in the doc

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] A few things to add in the doc
From: Jean-Baptiste Rouquier <jrouquie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:28:48 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 04:32:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A few remarks about documentation that I had to solve by googling. It would save time to future users (or experts answering on the list) if it were in the doc.

packages needed on a brand new Kubuntu install (should be the same on Debian):
 The packages the doc says it need
 libcurl3-dev #instead of libcurl2-dev
 initrd-tools #to run mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-2.6.16-xen.img 2.6.16-xen
#to compile from sources, add:
 #the packages the doc mentions : libvncserver-dev make python-dev
 libsdl1.2-dev # provides sdl
 bcc bin86 #provides dev86
libjpeg62-dev transfig # not mentioned in the doc, but abort compilation if missing
 tetex-extra

On page http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html#SECTION04340000000000000000
(sadly not yet on http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/user/)
example.vtx is now replaced by example.hvm. Took me a while to figure out why example.vtx was missing !

The depmod && mkinitrd stuff currently at the end of the readme should be moved or copied to the end of the binary install section. Users trying binary install don't read the source install section.

Could somebody with access to the sources (or at least access to the wiki) add it ? Or who should I send this mail to ?
Thanks for this great piece of software,
Jean-Baptiste Rouquier
PS : I'm not on the list, please add a copy to me when replying.