Re: [Xen-users] cpu allocation per virtual machine!

To: Yura Pismerov <y.pismerov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] cpu allocation per virtual machine!
From: tim Doyle <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:11:21 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Hardeep Singh <hardeepguru@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:12:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3.0.2-testing has the new scheduler in it.

Its named csched, and its credit based.
It allows you to specify the percent of cpu time a given domU can burst too.

Its in the works, but looks promising.

Search for "New CPU scheduler w/ SMP load balancer".
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/

-Tim

--
Timothy Doyle
CEO

Yura Pismerov wrote:
To my knowledge, you can't do it with Xen.

Hardeep Singh wrote:
is there a way by which i can allocate a specific % of the cpu always
to a vm to guarantee performance isolation. i did try and search the
archives and google'd a little as well but cudnt find nething
substantial. there was some talk of incorparating a scheduler called
atropos a long time back for such functionality but im not really sure
if the developers went ahead with ahead.

id be greatful if someone could help me out.

regards
hardeep