[Xen-users] AGAIN: unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif3.0 to become fr

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] AGAIN: unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif3.0 to become free. Usage count = 15
From: Anton Khalikov <anton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 00:25:25 +0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 11:25:51 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello everyone

I'm back again with my problem: domUs become Zombies after shutdown with message "unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif3.0 to become free. Usage count =". I can't reboot dom0, can't restart affected domU because interface is locked and reboot process hangs forever. The problem is still here altrough I use the latest xen 3.0.2-2 with kernel 2.6.16.13. My server is P-IV with HT enabled.

After long time of googling I've found a very interesting message related to this problem: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/13607 Altrough it is related to kernel 2.6.12, my current kernel (net/bridge/br_if.c) seem to still contain this bug. At least in line 461 (br_del_if() function):
       if (!p || p->br != br)
                return -EINVAL;
and Ryan Harper suggests to replace it with:
       if (!p || p->br != br || p->state == BR_STATE_DISABLED)
                return -EINVAL;
and remove "brctl delif" calls from xen's scripts.

More read about this discussion: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/13554

Could anyone provide me any info how to get rid of this damn problem ? At the moment every shutdown/reboot of any domU for me ends with sysrq reboot of the dom0 server :(

--
Best regards
Anton Khalikov