RE: [Xen-users] Graphic Card on DomU (windows)

To: oni.meno.kyo@xxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Graphic Card on DomU (windows)
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 18:58:12 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:57:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Theoretically that would be possible, but it would mean that we'd have
to REMAP the kernel loaded by GRUB (or whatever bootloader you use to
load Xen and Dom0), since those are loaded before Xen has been given
control -> xen can't decide where itself is being loaded to...

I'm not sure it's an important enough problem for someone to solve tho'.
It may be trivial (I haven't actually looked at it), but it would at
least require:
1. A change to the configuration of Dom0 and Xen itself, and add some
manual configuration to indicate which DomU gets the low memory that was
freed up by moving Xen/Dom0 up in memory.
2. Modifying some of the initial page-table setup and adding code in
(probably both of) Xen and/or the Dom0 Linux code to move itself to a
different address.
There would also need to be some code to figure out if you attempt to
load TWO different DomU's at the low address... :-)
3. Adding some documentation of how to configure/control this.

As I said, I haven't even looked at the code for this, so I don't know
if it's a two-line hack or a major overhaul. If you fancy hacking on it,
I'm sure the guys at XenSource would at least consider a patch.

--
Mats