Re: [Xen-users] How to add iptables modules to Domu Kernel??

To: miguel c <muxutzu@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to add iptables modules to Domu Kernel??
From: Sadique <sadique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 21:37:33 +0530
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:02:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am not sure whether iptables module is compiled into the Dom-U kernel
by default in xen binary packages.
The best option for you should be to complie xen kernel from source and
add iptables support statically to the kernel.

make menuconfig
Networking  ---> Networking options  --->  Network packet filtering
(replaces ipchains)  --->  Core Netfilter Configuration  --->  Netfilter
Xtables support (required for ip_tables) and do enable all modules
included in that as per your need.
Then go to - Networking  ---> Networking options  --->  Network packet
filtering (replaces ipchains)  ---> IP: Netfilter Configuration  --->
IP tables support (required for filtering/masq/NAT)

You can only go to the second step after doing the first one.

It's best you add the iptables support statically into the kernel rather than
enabling it as a module. Why? If you compile it as a module you need to copy
the module to every Dom-U manually.

Thanks
Sadique