[Xen-users] processor question regarding later Xen installation

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] processor question regarding later Xen installation
From: Marco <bigfoot29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:18:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 May 2006 06:17:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

May I ask a (maybe) silly question?

When using a "Xenized" System that has (approx.) 6-8 Xen-Guests later on
where at least 2 are providing game servers, some are doing file
transfer things and others are for "normal" user work, what would you
suggest? A CPU with 512k Cache or 1 MB? (Talking about an AMD X2,
F-Stepping.)

I ask because the 512k more cache each CPU costs just 100 Euro more. So
I am not sure if the bigger cache is worth it because I suppose that
with the many guests there will be many cache flushes what renders a big
cache useless... - however, not sure there :)

Help much appreciated - thanks in Advance... :)

Regards, Bigfoot29