[Xen-users] unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif3.0 to become free. Usa

Subject: [Xen-users] unregister_netdevice: waiting for vif3.0 to become free. Usage count = 15
From: Anton Khalikov <anton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 10:54:50 +0600
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 May 2006 21:54:57 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello guys

I am sorry if I am annoying but I still get such messages when I try to reboot/shutdown any domU. Yesterday I upgraded my xen to the latest testing (3.0.2-2) with the latest available kernel (2.6.26.13) but the problem is still here. It happens almost always when i do shutdown and time to time when I do reboot.

After this happens I can't reboot my dom0 except of using SysRq reboot (reset). ifconfig gets frozen too. Actually nothing helps me to solve the problem without rebooting the whole server.

The worst part of this problem is that I can't boot affected domU after this because dead domU becomes Zombie process and locks all resources used by it ie memory and disk partition (lvm) so the only solution i found yet is to stop all domUs and do SysRq reset of dom0.

I use bridged networking and I am sure this is something related to kernel support of bridged networks.

Google says that such problem existed in old kernels (ie. 2.6.8) but after there was a patch that had to solve this problem. I checked my kernel (infact this is the stock kernel downloaded by xen from kernel.org) and my kernel contains this patch.

Does anyone have any ideas about this ?

--
Best regards
Anton Khalikov