Re: [Xen-users] domU as router for dom0

To: Marcus Carlson <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] domU as router for dom0
From: Robert Welz <welz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:07:02 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 May 2006 09:07:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Marcus Carlson wrote:

And third, I have problem in getting the dom0 out on the net. dom0 has the gateway set to my domU and can ping the internet, no firewall accept SNAT, all policies to ALLOW). But when connecting to ftp or http (to apt-get update) I'm not getting there all the way, it looks like it get a connection but nothing is coming back to me. Other servers in the same net and the same gateway have no problem. What could I have done wrong? Has anyone else set it up this way?

This could be the "udp wrong tcp checksum" bug, I saw on my DomU yesterday.

ethtool -K eth0 tx off
from inside the affected domain (here Dom0) to the outgoing (virtual) interface to the bridge to DomU did the trick.

Greetings,
Robert