[Xen-users] Re: exception looking up device number for sda1

To: "Xen Users" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: exception looking up device number for sda1
From: "Anand Gupta" <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 05:28:52 +0530
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 May 2006 16:59:25 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a custom script which i use to start the domU.

It seems that my router is not able to direct traffic for the additional ips i have allocated to the first domU (i am running a routed network), hence the custom script.

ping -b -c 1 255.255.255.255
arp -s x.x.x.x z:z:z:z:z:z pub
ip route add x.x.x.x dev vm03 src y.y.y.y

Above x.x.x.x is my domU ip and y.y.y.y is my dom0 ip. The above enables me to get ping on the additional ips i have on my domU's. z:z:z:z:z:z is the macid for my nic.

Now when i remove these additional lines and just use xm create to start the domU, the second domU also starts up. After the second domU starts up i issue the above commands and the second domU is still working properly.

What in the above commands could be the cause of problems with starting up second domU.

Thanks.

--
regards,

Anand Gupta