[Xen-users] xen blocked state

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] xen blocked state
From: "Glen Davis" <gldavis@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 10:32:25 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 09:33:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just curious, what does "blocked" really mean?  Is  r "running" a state
reserved for Dom0 and not DomU.  I am using SLES10, and I have noticed
for quite awhile that when my DomUs are running they are usually in the
blocked state and never in the running state, and my Dom0 is always in
the running state.  The Xen user guide, explains b as blocked but
doesn't really give any other detail.  Is there some other doc that
explains this more?

4.2.1 Basic Management Commands
One useful command is # xm list which lists all domains running in rows
of the
following format:
name domid memory vcpus state cputime
The meaning of each  eld is as follows:
name The descriptive name of the virtual machine.
domid The number of the domain ID this virtual machine is running in.
memory Memory size in megabytes.
vcpus The number of virtual CPUs this domain has.
state Domain state consists of 5  elds:
r running
b blocked
p paused
s shutdown
c crashed
cputime How much CPU time (in seconds) the domain has used so far.
The xm list command also supports a long output format when the -l
switch is
used. This outputs the full details of the running domains in xend's
SXP con guration
format.
23