Re: [Xen-users] BUG? domU reboot fails when using "pci =" option

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 16:04 -0700, list user wrote:
> Thanks Ryan,
>
> I tried the fix but it just gave a different symptom.  (same error,
> different variable)

Can you post the exact error message you're getting?

> So... rpm --erase xen JIC there were any ghosts around.  Manually
> removed all traces of xen from the system.  Then did a ./install.sh from
>   the xen-3.0.2-2 directory, which had a clean "make world".
>
> The results are the same.
>
> I've found a more generic error about a local variable being used before
> assignment, but I think it's referring to dev_config.
>
> Again, this only happens on auto-boot or domU reboot, and only when
> there is a "pci =" line in the domU's definition file.
>
> Any ideas how I can help debug this?

Can you post the output of /var/log/xend.log? If your file is large,
please don't attach the whole thing! :) Specifically, I'm interested in
any errors in the file and the debug lines that contains the words
"XendDomainInfo.create" followed by some information in lots of square
brackets. Also take a look at the kernel log in dom0 (type 'dmesg') and
look for any strange errors.

Is the pci device appearing correctly in your domU? Do you see any
strange error messages or warnings in your domU before you try and
reboot it?

Ryan