[Xen-users] Xen and AoE

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen and AoE
From: Tracy R Reed <treed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 16:36:09 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 May 2006 16:36:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
So I have been scheming for many months now to get myself what seems to
me to be the Uber Server setup: Some high powered compute nodes (Opteron
CPU's with oodles of RAM) attached to a ton of storage using AoE. I now
have the money to buy the equipment and will place an order for 8
machines in the next day or two.

I had heard about UDP packet/checksum corruption and drivers which hang when an AoE node goes down and other such things causing problems. Are these issues resolved? Is anyone running AoE on Xen? In production or just experimenting? I have read about people booting off of AoE but it required a patch last I saw. Has this been integrated?

I have been running 4 Xen domains on a machine (all off of local disk)
for the last 6+ months and I am satisfied that Xen is solid and I am
comfortable with it. Now I need to bring AoE into the equation to get my
company the high availability and SAN capabilities that we have always
wanted.

--
Tracy R Reed
http://ultraviolet.org