Re: [Xen-users] NFS problems in guest

On 01/05/2006, at 4:26 AM, Birger Brunswiek wrote:

Itai Tavor wrote:
I'm running Xen 3 (xen-unstable tarball from 4/27) with kernel 2.6.16
and Debian Sarge in all domains. Most things seem to work very well, I
had the soft lockups problem but Apr 6 change seems to have fixed it.

I was just wondering where you get your tarball from? Is it the "Pre-built
installations of Xen 3.0 for 32 bit, PAE and 64 bit." from
http://www.xensource.com/xen/downloads/ ?

I'm using source releases from http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/Research/SRG/ netos/xen/downloads.html (end of the page).

If I can't get Debian packages, I always prefer to build from source :)

If so I'm wondering why not more people are complaining about this problem? It should not be restricted to our setup?!? I doubt that Itai and I are both affected just because we use Debian/Sarge. I think its more likely to be a (Xen)
kernel issue.

I agree it's not likely to be a Debian issue. We're using stock kernels with Xen patches, and I think the conntrack module will do the same thing no matter what distribution it's on.