Re: [Xen-users] individual scripts for each domU

To: Anand Gupta <xen.mails@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] individual scripts for each domU
From: Henning Sprang <henning_sprang@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 23:51:16 +0200
Cc: Xen Users <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:51:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Anand Gupta wrote:
Is there a way to run individual scripts when a domU is started up ? I want to run certain commands each time a domU is booted up. These are different for each domU.

I know i can make shell scripts which run those commands and in turn use those scripts to start and stop the domU's, however i was wondering if there is a provision in xen for something of this sort.

Xen config files are python scripts. So you can do everything in a xen config file that is possible with python.

I didn't use that myself yet, so I cannot say much more about that. Maybe someone has some examples of scripted config files.

Henning