[Xen-users] Xen and non-xen isos

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen and non-xen isos
From: "Mike A. Kenny" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:27:05 +0200 (SAST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 02:27:45 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have xen working nicely on FC5. This is great it allows me to create sandbox
environments for playing with various projects (sugarcrm, alfresco, RoR)
without anyone interfering with the other. But now I want to look at
asterisk@home. The download for this is an iso which includes it's own
(non-xen) kernel. What I would like to know is -

if I configure xenU domain to locate and boot from the iso file will it fail?
or becuase my xen onfiguration still points to the xenU kernel on my xen0
domain  will it install the required asterisk software without the supplied
kernel and continue happily along allowing me to experiment with asterisk in a
secure sandbox?

--
mike kenny
Linux Registered User #381724

"Hell, there are no rules here, we're just trying to accomplish something"
                                                       Thomas Edison