[Xen-users] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8, 1)
From: Morten Christensen <mc-xen@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:03:05 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:03:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am completely new to 'Xen, at banking my head against some basic problems.

I try to run in on Ubuntu Dapper with the Xen 3.0.2 package and kernel for debian.thoughtcrime.co.nz. After a couple of days and a lot of help I have have got over what seems to be a bug in the Ubuntu init-file.

Now every attempt to create a VM/domU stops with this error in
xm create -c vm01.cfg

[2167.547158] Using IPI No-Shortcut mode
[2167.547014] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(8,1)

Any help out there to get over this problem ?

--
Morten Christensen