Re: [Xen-users] Fedora Core 5 boot problems

To: Srinivasan S <ssrini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Fedora Core 5 boot problems
From: James Bulpin <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:56:25 +0100
Cc: Xen User List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:57:13 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please include the list on your replies, I'm out of town at the moment so you'll probably get quicker responses from others on the list.

You need to run e.g.:

depmod -a 2.6.16-xen

(This is the same procedure you would use to install any new Kernel, Xen or otherwise.)

James

Srinivasan S wrote:
Hi James

I tried this and got the error message ..

No dep file found for kernel

I then tried copying the modules.dep file from the stock fc5 kernel and tried mkinitrd again. It went through and created the initrd.
I then tried booting with the new initrd .. it works but a number of modules ..
espescially network interfaces (eth0, eth1) do not load and produce errors.

Any idea where I need to get the modules.dep file from ?  Or am I missing
something else ?

Cheers
Srini