Re: [Xen-users] XEN and Frequency scaling PowerNow or Speedstep

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN and Frequency scaling PowerNow or Speedstep
From: Ralf Schenk <rs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:43:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:44:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Stuart Jansen schrieb:
> On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 00:44 +0200, Ralf Schenk wrote:
>> I installed xen-unstable with a custom 2.6.16 kernel on my "server" at
>> home (Athlon64 3200+ Venice Type, OpenSuse 10.0). Before using XEN my
>> system was sucessfully scaling CPU Frequency. The CPU supports 3
>> Frequencies and voltages.
>
> I'm pretty new to Xen myself, but it looks like a patch was recently
> submitted to add powernow-k8 support:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/22282
>
> No idea if it was accepted and made it in to 3.0.2.

Hello !

I tried it instantly - It works for me ! I'll see if my system stays
stable in the next days.
Thanks a lot.

For people using mobile cpus this would be also an interesting example
for implementing this into other kernelmodules (i.e. speedstep) to ake
them work with XEN.

Ralf Schenk
fon (02 41) 9 91 21-0
fax (02 41) 9 91 21-59