Re: [Xen-users] Re: usb keyboard and mouse not functioning

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 16:22 +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> > > (except on one box which disables the USB irq once it has
> > > received exactly 100000 interrupts --- still debugging that...)
> >
> > Hey, funny, I have the exact same issue :-).
>
> Wacky! Is that IRQ actually bound to a device driver in dom0?

Yes, more than one:

         16:     100000       0       0       0        Phys-irq  uhci_hcd:usb2,
uhci_hcd:usb5

The other IRQs used by [eu]hci:

         17:     238308       0       0       0        Phys-irq  libata,
uhci_hcd:usb4
         20:          0       0       0       0        Phys-irq  ehci_hcd:usb1
         21:          0       0       0       0        Phys-irq  uhci_hcd:usb3

have no trouble; and USB on irq16 (usb mouse and keyboard) work fine up
until the 100000 irq limit in note_interrupt().  (After irq16 gets
disabled, usb kinda-works, updating once a second via polling, so typing
is unreliable and slooooow.)

I have two identical Dell boxes that show this behaviour with xen0
kernels.

--Stephen