[Xen-users] no network in domain 0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] no network in domain 0
From: Robin Atwood <robin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:15:34 +0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 13:14:08 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am new to xen and trying to get the primary domain working properly before I
create a new one. I am using the Gentoo unstable sources (2.6.16-rc5) and xen
3.0.1 and the kernel boots Ok and eth0 is activated. At this point the
network is active and I can ping. Then I shutdown net.eth0 and start xend.
This restarts net.eth0 and does some other stuff. Now every thing looks
normal (ifconfig, netstat) but I cannot ping anything. I have seen some other
posts like this but I am not getting any "WATCHDOG" messages. I have also
seen some advice about configuring APIC in the kernel but I have a P4 HT
running as SMP, so this option is not available. Any ideas?

Also, usually I select VESA for the console with VGA=792. With xen this seems
to be ignored and I get "elephant font" which is not very convenient! Any
tricks available here?

TIA
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.