Re: [Xen-users] VMWare ESX on Xen (maybe OT)

To: carlopmart <carlopmart@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] VMWare ESX on Xen (maybe OT)
From: Mark Foster <mark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:43:00 -0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:44:39 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
carlopmart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I will want to try VMWare ESX to test new features but I do not have a
> server that meets the ESX requeriments ... but is it possible to run ESX
> under Xen (maybe a silly question)?

Not possible, as ESX is a closed-source linux kernel module. I've always
wondered how they got around the GPL. Anyway you could probably run Xen
in an ESX VM but not the other way around.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark@xxxxxxxxx>  http://mark.foster.cc/