Re: [Xen-users] domU with redhat over a debian based dom0

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 10:25 -0800, woody marvel wrote:
> Have you done a Ubuntu 5.1 dom0 and domU ?

> > Frits Hoogland wrote:
> > > Anybody know how to alter debootstrap to build a debian sarge with
> > > breezy installed in dom0?

Installing a Debian or Ubuntu domU from a debian or ubuntu dom0 is a
very similar process.  I started with the mis-named "Perfect Guide for
installing Xen on Debian Sarge and
Ubuntu" ( http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_xen_setup_debian_ubuntu ).
I say misnamed, because it barely mentions ubuntu at all.  Jump to page
4 for the domU installation part.

The mistakes I ran into from that procedure:

1) for the debootstrap command, different suite and repository:

        debootstrap --arch i386 breezy /vm/breezy
http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu

        debootstrap --arch i386 sarge /vm/sarge http://ftp.debian.org/debian/

2) before running chroot (from dom0), run:

        mount -t devpts devpts /vserver/vm_base/dev/pts

  and don't forget to umount it after exiting the chroot
  and before trying to dismount the /vserver/vm_base filesystem.

3) on breezy, instead of installing package localeconf, install packages
language-pack-en and language-pack-en-base.

Good Luck!

--
Patrick Wolfe  (pwolfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)