[Xen-users] Dropped packets on DomU interfaces

To: Xen <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Dropped packets on DomU interfaces
From: "Eric Peterson" <srcfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:41:28 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:42:47 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When I run "xm top" and look at the network statistics I don't see any
dropped packets on the vif interfaces in dom0, but I do see dropped
packets on the RX side of my domU interfaces. Here's an example:

Net0 RX: 391757339bytes   464015pkts        0err      406drop  TX: 95774401bytes
   352651pkts        0err        0drop

I'm running Xen on FC4 from testing source code I compiled/downloaded
on  11 Jan, 2006. Is this most likely a problem with this version of
the source?  It doesn't seem likely that it's a hardware issue.

I'm running my network in bridge mode and all my domU vif are a member
of the same bridge.

What are people using for network cards who have 20+ domU hosts
running? Are the onboard Gb nics that come with SuperMicro and Tyan
server boards adequate for several persistant connections?

Thanks.