[Xen-users] problem with interrupts

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] problem with interrupts
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 16:27:04 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:10:58 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I seem to have a problem with Xen and some device's interrupts.  Neither my
network card nor USB devices work in my NetBSD dom0, whereas they do work fine
with a regular NetBSD/i386 kernel.

However when I boot Xen with the "ignorebiostables" option, network & USB work
just fine, but then the system freezes when booting any new domain.  This was
said to be caused by the "nosmp" option (implied by "ignorebiostables") which
is known to cause troubles on some hyperthreading CPU's (the same symptom
appear when I disable HT in the BIOS setup).  Booting additional domains works
fine when I disable ignorebiostables, but, then again, without networking.

Is there an alternative option to ignorebiostables to (somehow) fix those
interrupt problems, without disabling SMP support?

TIA,

        Geert

PS: please CC me your replies; I'm not subscribed to this list.