[Xen-users] RE: domU lvm and resizing40

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] RE: domU lvm and resizing40
From: John S Little <JSLittl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 13:30:23 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:31:33 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ben..

> Depends on what OS you are using.  For RHEL4, you can use either

oops-I'm using SlES 9 sp3.

> resize2fs (requires you to first run e2fsck), or (better choice) you can

I tried resize2fs but maybe I didn't do right.  I ran it from dom0 against
the lv /dev/xenlocal/xen0vm1 volume.  Is that the correct way for a vm?

> also run ext2online, which doesn't require running e2fsck, but rather

ext2online looks as though it should be a part of ext2resize but if SuSE
is using it I haven't been able to find it.

> resizes it online.
>
> Ben

FWIW if I open yast from the vm and look at the partition manager it also
shows the new size.

Thanks,
John