Re: [Xen-users] Hardware requirements to run Windows on Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yasir Assam <list1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Hardware requirements to run Windows on Xen
From: Adam Wendt <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 01:42:09
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:43:12 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As far as I know from experience if your motherboard has a bios update that says
it supports presler microcode then you're set. One gotcha is you may need
something simple like a celeron d chip to get your motherboard to boot to get
the
bios update installed. (As the 3 montherboards I've seen won't boot presler
chips
without bios update.

Adam Wendt
IPCoast, Inc.