[Xen-users] Announce of our Xen project; Routing simulation with Einar

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Announce of our Xen project; Routing simulation with Einar
From: Rickard Borgmäster <doktorn@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 17:04:51 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 16:08:46 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello all,

Some time before Christmas, a project was started. The task was to
enhance an existing LiveCD solution with User-mode Linux. A number of
requirements was stated, where the greatest challenge was to fit 10
virtual routers within an old no-name PC with only 256MB Ram. And the
solution must still be run from a LiveCD.

Thanks to Xen, the task was possible to complete.

-But, what does it do?

With this solution, students taking CCNA/CCNP level studies can have
their own router lab on a bootable CD. No need for expensive equipment.
The student can set up a virtual network of 10 routers or hosts, and
exercise BGP, OSPF, ISIS and RIP routing. The routing software is
Quagga, whose interface is very similar to Ciscos native CLI.

Feel free to download our first Release Candidate at the project website;

http://www.isk.kth.se/proj/qroutix/

Please note that the name "Qroutix" isn't ment for the final product.
We're currently phasing over to the new name, which will impact the URL
eventually. If the abobe link doesn't work, please try:

http://www.isk.kth.se/proj/einar/

Don't hesitate to mail me or Anders feedback if you like (or dislike)
our project.

Best regards
Rickard Borgmäster