[Xen-users] need help installing from CD-Rom directly

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] need help installing from CD-Rom directly
From: fritz fuchs <swatcher2005@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 13:49:32 +0100 (CET)
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:50:01 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

i am brand new to XEN and made it work by running pre-configured images. now i want to create my own one (ubuntu hoary) and i wanted to use the 'direct install Linux OS into an image file using a VMX guest'-method but i don't know what exactly to do ...
can somebody give me a hint to a detailed instruction or help me in describing the steps i have to perfom to install my ubuntu into a file on my domain0 system directly by inserting the ubuntu CD into the CD-ROM (what entries do in need in the config file ?, what do i need to prepare befor i can install that way ...?)
i have read the documenetation but this section is not very detailed it just says i have to have a config file with the entries:
cdrom='/dev/cdrom'
boot='d'

what else do i need ?

help needed,

thanks
s.watcher

Telefonieren Sie ohne weitere Kosten mit Ihren Freunden von PC zu PC!
Jetzt Yahoo! Messenger installieren!