Re: [Xen-users] Xen-3.0 on Suse-10

Hi Digvijoy,

Em Seg, 2006-02-13 às 12:12 +0530, Digvijoy Chatterjee escreveu:
> Hi Braulio,
>
> Heres the new file:
>
> disk = [ 'file:/var/lib/xen/images/domain1/hda,xvda,w' ]
> memory = 256
> kernel = "/var/lib/xen/images/domain1/vmlinuz-2.6.13-15-xen"
> ramdisk = "/var/lib/xen/images/domain1/inst-initrd"
> name = "domain1"
> dhcp = "dhcp"
> extra = "TERM=xterm textmode=1 install=nfs://172.25.243.135/var/Suse-10"
> restart= "never"
> root = ""
>
> i issue :
> linux:~ # xm create -c domain1
> ---------------------------normal bootup
> Initializing Cryptographic API
> vesafb: abort, cannot ioremap video memory 0x0 @ 0x0
> vesafb: probe of vesafb.0 failed with error -5
> PNP: No PS/2 controller found. Probing ports directly.
> i8042.c: No controller found.
> io scheduler noop registered
> io scheduler anticipatory registered
> io scheduler deadline registered
> io scheduler cfq registered
> RAMDISK driver initialized: 16 RAM disks of 64000K size 1024 blocksize
> loop: loaded (max 8 devices)
> Xen virtual console successfully installed as tty1
> Event-channel device installed.
> Neither TPM-BE Domain nor INIT domain!
> xen_blk: Initialising virtual block device driver
> Registering block device major 202
>  xvda:
> ======================hanging up

The kernel is not recognizing the block-device. Maybe yast didn't
generate inst-initrd correctly.

You can try the following:

- Install package install-initrd;

- Generate a new inst-initrd image:

mkinstallinitrd inst-initrd.custom

You can also choose which modules to include, "mkinstallinitrd -h" will
help you.

Then change the ramdisk line to the newly created inst-initrd.custom

Also, there was a kernel update from SuSE last week. It corrected many
bugs related to xen, besides some security fixes. You should upgrade
your kernel anyway. You can use Yast online update to do it.

I'm running the latest SuSE kernel and it's working fine.

rgrds,
Bráulio Gergull