Re: AW: [Xen-users] TLS emulation and nash

OK ... tls has been moved on both systems.

I never had any problems on domU or dom0 since I moved tls on my
FC3 dom0 with a FC4 domU and I just ignore the message

I guess, that you will get the same ldd result if you run:

  [root@tivoli Kernel]# ldd /sbin/nash
        not a dynamic executable

  [root@tivoli Kernel]# ldd /sbin/hotplug
        not a dynamic executable

Maybe you have seen the answer from Ernst Bachmann in the other
thread ... I also think, that this is not a problem ... it is just
annoying:

> probably your hotplug / nash is statically linked against the tls
> glibc, so
> there is no way to get rid of the problem without recompiling them.
>
> you can check if thats the case with "ldd /path/to/binary".
>
> but since I guess both programs aren't that time critical, you could
> just live
> with the warning and a slow hotplug/nash.

You can search in the mailing list archive:

  http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/

with the words "fedora", "glibc" and "tls". There was
a discussion about recompiling the glibc without tls
support and other usefull information about this
"problem" ... but I also think, that you don't have to
do anything.

I'm running a lot of different programms in my domU
test environment:

   - Oracle
   - DB2
   - "IBM Tivoli Systems Management" software
   - apache
   - mysql
   - a lot of other stuff

Everything works fine :))