Re: [Xen-users] routed networking xen3.0.1

On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 06:17:21PM +0530, Anand Gupta wrote:
> > You didn't actually mention at what point it doesn't work, so here's my
> > best guess.
>
> Sorry. I can't ping from domU to dom0.
[...]
> I tried to set the gateway inside domU to 192.168.1.250 and still it doesn't
> work.

Probably because dom0 is answering the ping on eth0 because that's the
first route it will find to reply to the address 192.168.1.240. In other
words, you are probably missing a route somewhere.

> As for the same ip address for both interfaces, i was confused myself until
> i saw a post on the mailing list which mentioned that using the route method
> copies the ip of the eth0 to the vif<id>.0 . Same was posted in the wiki as
> well -> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenNetworking

Ah, I read the vif-route script now and I see that it uses proxy_arp. So it
does indeed make sense.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx