Re: [Xen-users] only one NIC supported?

To: Rowan Woodhouse <rowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] only one NIC supported?
From: Fernando Maior <fernando.souto.maior@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 17:39:47 -0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 19:50:14 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2/3/06, Rowan Woodhouse <rowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Koski wrote:
> > But it used to work without a custom script. Is there a way to
> > configure xend-config.sxp so a custom script is not needed?
>
> I don't think this is possible as xend-config.sxp says:
>
> "To do things like [having two outgoing interfaces] write yourself a
> wrapper script, and call network-bridge from it, as appropriate."
>
> Regards,
> Rowan

Hi,

This may be a wrapper script example for 4 nics on dom0, each one bridged:

----------------->8
#!/bin/bash

/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0 vifnum=0
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1 vifnum=1
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr2 netdev=eth2 vifnum=2
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start bridge=xenbr3 netdev=eth3 vifnum=3

Make the script be executed before starting xend, AND disable processing
of network-bridge in xend-config.sxp.

--
Bye,
Fernando Maior